Offered by Birth Day Presence, this Breastfeeding and Newborn Care Class will help new families to become familiar with the basics of feeding your infant in the first 6 weeks after birth. The class will also help new families become familiar with the basics of caring for your infant in the first 6 weeks after birth. Partners are encouraged to attend! Take this class before you have your baby.
Topics covered in the 3-hour class will include:
- How to get breastfeeding off to the best start
- How to help your infant latch-on and correct positioning
- How to know if the baby is getting enough milk
- How to avoid common breastfeeding problems and when to call a specialist
- Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- Understanding the basics of diapering, cord care, bathing, and assessment of your baby
- Understanding postpartum adjustment for the whole family
- Newborn warning signs
Price is per couple.
Monday June 12th, 2017 6 - 9 PM
Register for this class at Birth Day Presence.
If you cancel your class:
- 30 plus days in advance, you receive 90% refund
- 15-30 days in advance, you receive 50% refund
- 14 days or less in advance, there are no refunds
If you need to reschedule a class:
- 15 + days in advance, no fee, as long as there’s availability
- 14 days or less in advance, $35 rescheduling fee, as long as there’s availability
- In the event that you need to miss a one-time class due to medical absence, you may transfer into a class with available space with a doctor’s note
If you need to miss one night of a 4 week series, you may come to another class section to do a make-up, provided there is space. Please email or call us to arrange this.
Class Cancellation /Adjustment Policy :
Birth Day Presence reserves the right to alter class times due to low enrollment. Every effort will be made to work with students’ schedules to ensure that the student receives the instruction she signed up for. If we cannot place you in another class or schedule a private session comparable to what you signed up for, a full refund will be given.
*Photo credits by Jada Shapiro of Birth Day Presence